A few years ago, parents, students, alums, teachers, and friends of Aspen Country Day School shared - on social media, in person, and in a survey - why they value this school. It's fun to look back and see what those reasons were. What are your reasons today? In honor of Valentine's Day, why not take a moment to share yours on social? Use the hashtag #loveACDS
There are SO many different reasons. Here are the:
TOP 14 Reasons!
1. I was at ACDS the very first year it started. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! ACDS was a small school where I got a great education and a lot of personal attention. I loved all the teachers, Charlie, Hugh, Barbara, Tim, George and so many more who encouraged me to do my best. It was like being in a big family! Thank you all for the wonderful high school years!
- Jessie Benedict-Gordon, alumna
2. We are a new family to ACDS this year... We feel so lucky to be a part of this amazing school. Quite frankly, we wish we had done it a couple years ago! The welcoming spirit of this community is amazing. Sean has never enjoyed school this much and feels that everyone is on his team, helping him succeed.
- Mark, Laura and Sean Patterson
3. Aside from a solid education, windsurfing on the pond, outdoor ed, or skiing with classmates, the single most valued experience for me was the community and school spirit provided by the older students interacting with the younger ones. Be it classroom visits, Blue Green Day or just helping a little one on the bus, the experience of giving and receiving kindness from your schoolmate promotes camaraderie, friendship and pride in your school. - Michael Davies, alumnus, parent, board member
4. The food is awesome. We get to know the teachers as well as if they are one of your good friends. Your teachers provide you with good information on drugs so you can make good choices. There are not a lot of kids so you can get to know your classmates really well. - Dillon, Middle School
5. Dessert day. - Henry, Lower School
6. I love the strong values I see in the ACDS community, faculty and children and knowing that they are getting the best education available. - Randall Bone, parent & board member
7. Experiential learning. Commitment to each child. Beautiful campus. - Steven Miller, staff
8. I love the community. I love that Alexis and Vassar come home each day and say "Mom, I love school." And I love the teachers, their passion, commitment and dedication. - Nicole Tarumianz, current parent
9. ACDS serves as an adjunct sanctuary to our home. Our children may moan about academic expectations from time to time, but each day they slide onto the campus and community with great ease and anticipation. They feel welcome, as do we. We are delighted that ACDS delivers physical beauty, academics and this sense of refuge in one fell swoop. - Isa Catto Shaw, current parent
10. I value the beautiful campus that provides a lovely backdrop for learning. - Andrea Hailey, alumna
11. I love the special attention given to each individual student. I also love the care and consideration the teachers and staff take in nurturing the students at ACDS. It is truly heartwarming! - Kimberly Schlosser, past parent
12. My husband and I loved getting a report card that not only explained what our son was learning but also recognized his kind, humble and hard-working nature. The fact that everyone from the classroom teacher to the outdoor education coordinator took the time to really think about our child reaffirms how happy we are with our decision to be part of the ACDS community. - Lower School parents new to ACDS in 2015
13. Now that I am grown and have seen the world, I realize how unique and fulfilling my time at school was. The first rate teachers and curriculum, the outdoor education and most of all the students. I carry ACDS with me everyday. - Meghan McKee Hunter, alumna
14. All the things.
Nell, Lower School