Kindergarten fall Outdoor Education day
Thursday, October 3
Objectives for the trip
- learn to play safely in the outdoors
- experience the importance of teamwork
- learn how to dress comfortably and appropriately given the environment
- explore local plants and animals through stories, exploration, and games
ACDS's Outdoor Education team leads this trip with Kindergarten teachers Shelley Meisler and Christina Smith, along with several additional faculty and staff members.
- 8:15 Depart from school (meet in the upper plaza)
- 9:00 Travel to trailhead, visit Independence ghost town, talk about ACDS core values, obstacle course & safety discussion, followed by snack.
- 11:00 am: Hike, followed by lunch
- Afternoon: exploring, collecting firewood, afternoon snack, organized games, drawing in journal (each student will receive their Outdoor Ed journal, which is kept at school and used on each trip, then presented to Eighth Grade graduates at the end of their ACDS journey).
- 5:00 pm Early dinner (provided), followed by a campfire, s'mores, and storytime.
- 6:00 pm return to school to meet parents
- Hat with visor
- Lots of snacks
- 1 water bottle (full)
- Warm coat
- Warm hat
- Long sleeve shirt to put on top
- Long Pants
- Rain jacket
NO ELECTRONICS, please, NO CANDY
ACDS Outdoor Education operates under special use permit from the USDA Forest Service, White River National Forest